If you are having login problems, please go through *all* the steps below thoroughly. In general, they will solve about 99% of the issues. Promise! ;)
1) Check that your Paypal payment has gone through. Especially if you're a new member, just renewed, or your billing cycle recently just came around, go into your Paypal account and make sure your payment isn't still 'Pending' and/or that you haven't received any emails that your payment failed. (For failed payments, please go to FAQ below that deals with this issue separately.) You will not be able to access the site until your payment is completed. This can take a few days for eChecks via Paypal, or if the funds are being transferred into your Paypal account from another source, etc. Do NOT sign up with a new subscription unless you cancel your old subscription or unless Paypal cancels it if the billing fails after 3 attempts. **Please note that even if you received a subscription confirmation, your payment could *still* be pending, and your login won't work until it goes through. Paypal will usually tell you the date that the payment is pending until.
2) The login to the site is case sensitive, so check your caps lock key and experiment with your username and password with and without the capitalization. Most login issues are caused by incorrect capitalization, so please don't skip this step! Our system sometimes doesn't save the capitalization in usernames - so even if you know you capitalized it, give it a go with lower case letters just in case. (We're trying to amend this issue!) You can also double check the capitalization of your username and password by requesting them here: My Account
(**Be sure that yaoifix[at]gmail.com has been added to your address book, and check that the email won't be blocked by your email filters and/or hasn't been sent to your spam/junk mail in case you don't see it in your inbox right away.)
Note: Even if you can log in to your member's account, capitalization could still be the problem because the member's account is *not* case sensitive, but the website *is*! (Don't ask me why the software works this way! O.o) Also, the forum is a *separate* log in, so access to the forum doesn't mean automatic access to the member's area of the site.
3) Try resetting your password by going to your member's account page here (because capitalization causes issues, please avoid it when you reset your password):
(You can also request a lost username / password here as well.)
4) Try a different browser or clear your browser cache. Also, double check that no firewalls, etc. are preventing your log in (especially if you are using a computer at work, school, etc.).
**Trying a new browser is particularly important if you are trying to access the site via a smart phone - some browsers do not support password protected sites!
5) You can also check if the issue is with your computer system vs. the YF site by trying to log in on a different computer. This is a simple but effective test that helps pinpoint where the issue might be. If you can log in on another computer, you'll likely find you solution in one of the troubleshooting tips above. ^_~
6) If you have trouble on a different computer, double check that you have your username and password correct. You can request this info by going here: My Account
7) If all these steps fail and you have *already* checked your username and password, and that your account is paid and up to date in Paypal, please email me with your full name or email as registered in Paypal, your username and password (so I can double check they are in the system), and the details of your problem (what the screen shows when it rejects your login, etc.)
I take everyone's issues seriously, and chances are that if you did not hear back from a personal email you sent to me about login troubles, it may be because my reply was accidentally sent to your junk mail, overlooked in your inbox, or was rejected by your email account. It's also possible your email ended up in *my* spam folder. If you don't hear from me within 24-48 hours it's best to drop a line to me on the Facebook page, which I check regularly.
I hope that clears matters up for everyone! Thank you for your patience with this long answer and thank you so much for you support!